至于我和我家人,我们必定事奉上帝。 As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

火箭人 Fusion Man


July 7, 2011 — by Bill Crowder
(From: Our daily Bread, http://odb.org/ and http://chinese-odb.org/)

(詩篇556Psalm 55:6
我說:「但願我有翅膀像鴿子,我就飛去得享安息。」 So I said, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.”

讀經: 诗篇551-8 Scripture Reading: Psalms 55:1-8

從古希臘神話中的伊卡洛斯(Icarus)開始,人類就不曾停止展翅高飛的夢想。現在伊夫羅希(YvesRossy)終於實現了夢想,他讓自己飛了起來。這位被稱為「火箭人」的羅希,設計了一雙裝有引擎的機翼,並以自己的身體為機身,將機翼融合在他身上所穿的耐高溫裝備上。他於2004年在瑞士日內瓦附近展開首航,此後也進行了多次成功的飛行。
詩人大衛也渴望自己能插翅而飛。當敵人追討他的性命時,這位以色列的王者呼喊:「但願我有翅膀像鴿子,我就飛去得享安息。」(詩篇556節)

就像大衛一樣,當我們面臨壓力、被苦待,或遭逢逆境與悲痛時,也會恨不得自己能生出一對翅膀,好遠走高飛。然而,耶穌為我們提供更佳的解決之道。與其逃避困難,祂邀請我們逃往祂的懷抱中。祂說:「凡勞苦擔重擔的人,可以到我這裡來,我就使你們得安息。……你們當負我的軛,學我的樣式,這樣,你們心裡就必得享安息」(馬太福音1128-29節)。面對人生的難題時,別再只是奢望能遠走高飛,而要把難題帶到主面前。逃避不能使我們得安穩,唯有耶穌能帶來安息。WEC

翻滾怒波洪濤中,
求主賜我平安靈;
讓我能夠尋覓到,
靈魂深處真平靜。Dave

主賜力量讓我們面對困難,而非逃避。

Yves Rossy accomplished something people have dreamed of since the ancient myth of Icarus. He has flown. Known as the “Fusion Man,” Rossy built a set of wings with an engine pack that uses his body as the fuselage of the aircraft, with the wings fused to the back of his heat-resistant suit. His first flight took place near Geneva, Switzerland, in 2004, and he has since had numerous successful flights.

The psalmist David longed to have wings so he could fly away. In a time when he was being pursued by enemies who were seeking to take his life, Israel’s king cried, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest” (Ps. 55:6).

Like David, when we’re facing pressure, mistreatment, hardship, or grief, we might wish we could sprout wings and fly away. But Jesus offers a better way. Rather than fleeing our struggles, He invites us to flee to Him. He said, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, . . . and you will find rest for your souls” (Matt. 11:28-29). Rather than wishing we could fly away and escape life’s problems, we can bring them to Him.
Escape cannot give us rest, but Jesus can.


O give me a spirit of peace, dear Lord,
Midst the storms and tempests that roll,
That I may find rest and quiet within,
A calm buried deep in my soul. —Dawe
  
God gives us strength to face our problems, not to flee from them.

No comments: