至于我和我家人,我们必定事奉上帝。 As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

主居我心 Christ Living in Us


August 30, 2011 — by Albert Lee
(From: Our daily Bread, http://odb.org/ and http://chinese-odb.org/)

提摩太后4章7-82 Timothy 4:7-8
当跑的路我已跑尽了;所信的道我已守住了。从此以后,有公的冠冕我存留。 I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness.

读经: 加拉太2章15-21 Scripture Reading: Galatians 2:15-21

参加人三手,需要游泳3.8公里、骑单车180公里,以及跑步41.8公里。不是一个人人都能完成的比。然而,狄克霍特(Dick Hoyt)参加了,而且着他身体有残障的儿子瑞克(Rick)一同完成。当狄克游泳,他便拉着瑞克所坐的小船。骑车时,他就把瑞克放在与单车斗内。跑步,他就推着椅上的瑞克一同跑。瑞克全靠父才能完成比。没有他父,瑞克根本无法做到。
的故事与基督徒的生活有相似之。就像瑞克依靠着他父,我也靠着基督来跑完我当跑的路。
然我尽力活出蒙上帝喜悦的生命,但无机和决心有多好,我也是常常跌倒,而且无法达到目靠我自己的力量,根本不可能做到。我何等需要主的帮助!而主已。保以深刻解来宣:「在活着的不再是我,乃是基督在我里面活着;并且我如今在肉身活着,是因信上帝的儿子而活。」(加拉太2章20
无法靠自己来跑完路程,我倚靠活在我里面的耶
在我心中充渴慕,

甚愿完全像主;

我常揣摩奇妙事:

主在我心居住。 Whittle
信心使我,能从上帝得着力量。

The Ironman Triathlon consists of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike ride, and a 26.2-mile run. It is not an easy feat for anyone to accomplish. But Dick Hoyt participated in the race and completed it with his physically disabled son Rick. When Dick swam, he pulled Rick in a small boat. When Dick cycled, Rick was in a seat-pod on the bike. When Dick ran, he pushed Rick along in a wheelchair. Rick was dependent on his dad in order to finish the race. He couldn’t do it without him.

We see a parallel between their story and our own Christian life. Just as Rick was dependent on his dad, we are dependent on Christ to complete our Christian race.
As we strive to live a God-pleasing life, we realize that in spite of our best intentions and determination, we often stumble and fall short. By our strength alone, it is impossible. Oh, how we need the Lord’s help! And it has been provided. Paul declares it with these insightful words, “It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God” (Gal. 2:20).

We cannot finish the Christian race on our own. We have to do so by depending on Jesus living in us.

With longing all my heart is filled

That like Him I may be,
As on the wondrous thought I dwell,
That Christ liveth in me. — Whittle
  
Faith connects our weakness to God’s strength.

No comments: